COVID-19 and PIDs FAQs
Updated February 12, 2021
This is a compilation of answers to questions received from IPOPI’s national member organisations via email, social media and during IPOPI’s COVID-19 webchats.
General prevention measures to avoid infection
- Wash hands frequently (every hour) with soap and water for 20 seconds, (if not possible use alcohol-based hand rub), especially after direct contact with ill people or their environment
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact (1 meter/3 feet) with people suffering from acute respiratory infections
- Avoid close contact (1 meter/3 feet) with anyone who has fever and cough
- For extra precaution, avoid close contact (1 meter/3 feet) with other people when spending time outside your home
- Avoid greeting people by shaking hands, kissing or hugging
- Respect the confinement measures wherever these are applicable
- People with symptoms of acute respiratory infection need to practice cough etiquette (maintain distance, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, and wash hands) and wear a respiratory mask if instructed by their local healthcare provider
If you feel unwell and experience symptoms such as fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, seek prompt medical assistance by phone from your health care provider.